Certificate Program Applications + Registrations
Applications vary for our certificate programs, you can launch all of them starting from here.
If you are 18 years of age or older by the course start date, you can register for Certificates at Emily Carr University of Art + Design. Register early, as admission is on a first-come, first-served basis and sizes are limited. Our small class sizes mean you’ll have access to top teaching faculty and instructors and the highest quality educational experience.
We're here to help!
Design Essentials Certificates Application
Communication Design Certificate
- Delivered in partnership with BCIT
- Meet the requirements and be accepted on a first-qualified basis as long as space remains.
- Visit our Communication Design Certificate overview for entrance requirements, scheduled intakes, and application information
Interaction Design Certificate
- Delivered by Emily Carr University
- Your application process is similar to those for a degree program. It includes online application, portfolio submission, educational documentation submission to meet Emily Carr's Transcripts + English Proficiency requirements, as well as a personal interview.
- Visit the Design Essentials Certificate overview for more details.
Introductory + Advanced Certificate Registration
Register for Certificates Certificates using the Part-time Certificates Registration Form. Of note:
- You can submit the form by email to csinfo[at]ecuad.ca or to the Continuing Studies Office
- No portfolio is required for admission to Emily Carr Certificate Programs.
- Individual course descriptions can be found in the three times per year.