The StrongerBC future skills grant is open to British Columbians aged 19 years or older – regardless of financial need – and covers up to $3,500 in eligible short-term skills training at public post-secondary institutions.
The grant applies only to programs that start on or after September 1, 2023.
To be eligible for the future skills grant, you:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or a Protected Person entitled to study in Canada
- Must be a B.C. resident currently living in British Columbia
- Must be 19 years of age or older or have graduated from grade 12 or equivalent
- Must provide consent for ECU to collect and disclose personal information that is relevant to accessing the StrongerBC future skills grant to the provincial government
- Should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC future skills grant
You should also understand that:
- The future skills grant benefits may have tax implications. Please consult the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for tax advice
- The grant is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500
- If you are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or B.C. Employment Assistance (BCEA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program
- The amount of funding received is subject to review and audit
Eligible ECU Courses and Programs
All individual courses related to ECU Micro-credential programs are eligible for StrongerBC future skills grant funding:
How to register for a course using your future skills grant funding
- Make sure you are eligible for funding
- Check out the list of eligible courses offered this term
- Pick the course you're interested in*
- Fill out and submit your future skills grant application to register for the course
- Allow up to 5 business days to receive your registration confirmation
* If you are interested in enrolling in more than one course, you will need to submit separate applications for each.
The StrongerBC future skills grant is subject to a $3,500 lifetime maximum per learner limit.
Eligible costs include:
- Mandatory fees
- Course materials purchased after course registration open date June 27, 2023 may be eligible for reimbursement